An educational radio contact is planned for YOTA 2023, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada, telebridge via IK1SLD ARISS Telebridge & HamTV Ground Station, located in Casale Monferrato (AL), Italy.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled crewmember is Steve Bowen KI5BKB; the ARISS mentor is VE3TBD. Contact is go for: Tuesday 18 July 2023, 18:42:54 UTC 76 de.
downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM ; the conversation will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the YOTA 2023 students:
1. What is your favorite view from the cupola?
2. How does amateur radio factor into life and science on the ISS?
3. What radios and antennas are used for the ARISS program?
4. How does your training in the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory compare to extravehicular spacewalks?
5. What is your favorite food to eat on the station and is it the same as here on earth?
6. Does the ISS have an HF setup and have you ever used it?
7. Does the ISS provide weather data from visual observations to ground stations?
8. What advice do you have for someone wanting to become an astronaut?
9. What sorts of creative outlets do you get while on the ISS?
10. What types of experiments are being done on the ISS?
11. Once we have interstellar travel figured out, which celestial object would you like to visit first?
12. What current experiments are you conducting that will help benefit life on earth?
13. What is the coolest space station repeater contact you have made?
14. How has learning multiple languages affected your daily life on the station?
15. How are QSOs logged and sent to ground stations from the ISS?
16. Do you have a favorite DSLR camera and lens combination for taking pictures from the ISS?
17. Are there property taxes for the ISS and if so, what district would they go to?
18. Do you have any go-to life advice?