An educational radio contact is planned with SPDW Voortrekker Movement, Oranjeville, South Africa, direct via ZS9SPD.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Akihiko Hoshide KE5DNI. Contact is go for: Fri 2021-09-24 10:43:19 UTC 44 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of South Africa – Oranjeville and nearby areas- on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the SPDW Voortrekker Movement students:
1. I am absolutely stunned at the thought of spacewalking… Are you scared before you go out of the spaceship to do a spacewalk? How do you feel inside your heart and your mind after you have completed a spacewalk? Does your body feel different?
2. Do you have any free time and how do you spend it.
3. Do you really think human existence will be possible on Mars in the future?
4. Lots of money (I talk about lots of Billions are spent on gaining information from “Outer space” Don’t you think a better dream would have been to uplift people on earth, before looking for a better life out in space?
5. What is the feeling you experienced while you were going up into space.
6. How do you prepare your food in space and where do you get water from to drink?
7. Where do you get the oxygen from to breath while you are up there?
8. Are there any changes to your body while you are up in space?
9. How do you navigate in space, where do you know where you are going? Do you use maps, compass or GPS?
10. What happens when any of the crew gets sick?
11. Can you take your phone into space and is there signal in space? How do you contact your family at home?
12. How do you sleep in space when you are always floating around?
13. You spend long hours/days/weeks away from earth. Do you ever feel down and depressed in space? What do you do to combat down/depressed feelings?
14. My siblings and I grow up in the same house, is taught the same set of rules, yet we seem to fight a lot. What difference do you experience with the different people on ISS? from different… Countries, Culture, Houses? Do you fight with each other?
15. How does a “very active” person on earth, adapt to a “sit in one place in a spaceship?
16. You try to grow produce on ISS. Did you taste it? Can you define the taste?
17. On the farm my dad uses cow dung to fertilize vegetables, do you use the poop in your vegetable garden?
18. In space there is a lot of stuff that was made by humans… eg satellites… In 2020 the planning is to add 12000 extra satellites in space…How often do you see items like these in space?
19. Do you think humans have polluted space?