An educational radio contact is planned with Children’s National Hospital, Washington, DC, multi-point telebridge via IK1SLD ARISS Telebridge & HamTV Ground Station, located in Casale Monferrato (AL), Italy. A multi-point telebridge contact means that each student will be on the telebridge from their own location.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is Hoshide KE5DNI.
Contact is go for: Tue 2021-09-21 18:05:35 UTC 67 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible over parts of Europe on 145.800 ; contact will be in English. Check for latest information on the operation mode . RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Children’s National Hospital students:
1. What are some of the tools that you use to help you safely breathe in space?
2. What do the Northern Lights look like in space?
3. What does your body feel like in space? How do you feel normal again?
4. Can you please describe the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen in space?
5. Is the food we buy on earth the same food you eat in space?
6. How do you feel emotionally and physically during the initial takeoff? What is the atmosphere like inside of the rocket?
7. Has there been any discovery that there is other life in this universe?
8. How much of Earth can you identify from space?
9. What happens if you get injured/hurt in space? Are there doctors on board?
10. How long does it take to get the Moon and Mars from Earth?
11. How heavy is the spacesuit?
12. What inspired you to become an astronaut?
13. What species of animals have been to space?
14. Can you have your own pets in space?
15. Where do astronauts sleep while in the spaceship?
16. How do you clean your spacesuit while in space? Do you have laundry on board?
17. What specific devices do you use to stay active and workout while in space?
18. What was the coolest part about training to become an astronaut?
19. How does it feel to come back to earth and how does your body react?
20. What galaxy would you like to go to most and why?
21. How old were you when you first went to space?
22. Where does your trash go?