An educational radio contact is planned with Estes Park Elementary School, Estes Park, CO, Multi-point telebridge via NØFH.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Shannon Walker KD5DXB. Contact is go for: Friday 26 Feb 2021, 17:09:51 UTC 69 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of USA on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, pls remember: RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Estes Park Elementary School students:
1. What happens when it’s your birthday in Space?
2. After using VR goggles to explore the ISS here in school, we wonder if you have VR goggles up there to “visit” Earth, for example if you were homesick?
3. Why don’t they let kids in space?
4. How do capsules, satellites, or cargo “attach” to the ISS so people and supplies can come aboard and leave?
5. What kind of data is the ISS collecting on the sun?
6. How has COVID-19 affected you/your trip to space?
7. Have you ever had any unexplained sightings or communication while on the ISS?
8. What are your personal goals for your time in space?
9. What made YOU want to go to space?
10. What is your favorite research experiment that is currently being conducted on the ISS, and what data are you hoping to obtain from it?
11. What information have you gathered from studying animals (such as ants or bees) on the ISS? Have they ever gotten out?
12. Have you made up any new game to play that only works in space?
13. How do you drive/control the ISS?
14. Can you tell us about a time that you were scared or worried while in space?
15. What happens if you get seriously sick or injured on the ISS?
16. What’s the farthest away someone has gone on a spacewalk?
17. Do you have designated people to perform experiments on the ISS, or does everyone take part of that?
18. What is the most awesome sight that you have seen on Earth, or in space, from the ISS?