An educational radio contact is planned with Sterling MS, Ashburn, VA, multi-point telebridge via ON4ISS. A multi-point telebridge contact means that the students will be talking with the ISS from their homes, connected each other and with the ground station over internet.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Shannon Walker KD5DXB. Contact is go for: Tuesday 9 Feb 2021, 14:44:48 UTC 66 deg. Downlink signals will be audible over parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in english. Check for latest information on the operation mode . RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Sterling MS students:
1. What kind of training do you have to complete to become an astronaut?
2. How do astronauts stay healthy in space?
3. What made you want to become an astronaut?
4. What is your daily routine like?
5. Do the sun, stars, sunrises and sunsets look different from the ISS compared to Earth?
6. How does your “ship” get you back down to Earth?
7. What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you in space?
8. How do you feel emotionally and physically while in the rocket on your way to the ISS and on your way back?
9. What was your reaction when you found out you were chosen to go to the ISS?
10. When you return to Earth, how long does it take for you to be able to walk again? Do you experience any other side effects of being in zero gravity for extended time?
11. How do you eat and drink in space without spilling and damaging your equipment?
12. What do you like to do for fun in space?
13. Are you able to bring your phones and other personal items with you to the ISS?
14. When you come back to Earth, what will be your first meal?
15. What do astronauts do if you fall sick in space?
16. How does it feel to be inside the ISS all the time? Does the environment (temperature, humidity) inside the iSS fluctuate?
17. If you weren’t an astronaut, what job would you have?
18. How does it feel to experience 16 sunrises and 16 sunsets every day?
19. How do you train to be in low gravity places?
20. What do you eat while in space? What is your favorite food?