An educational radio contact is planned with Red Hill Lutheran, Tustin, CA, telebridge via NA7V. The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Mike Hopkins KF5LJG.
Contact is go for: Wed 10 Feb 2021, 18:26:15 UTC, 65 deg; downlink signals will be audible over parts of USA on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in english. Check for latest information on the operation mode . RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Red Hill Lutheran students:
1. What kind of science do you do in space?
2. If animals could go to the space station with you which animal would you bring and why?
3. What was the hardest thing you had to do while training to be an astronaut?
4. How does your body feel when you are floating in space?
5. What is your favorite room in the ISS?
6. Who is one person that you are grateful for and why?
7. Why did the crew select baby Yoda to float around the spacecraft at launch?
8. If there happened to be a fire on the ISS, would the fire float? If so, would a fire extinguisher work to set out the fire?
9. What are your goals for space exploration?
10. What is going through your mind when taking off?
11. When back on earth, what do you miss most about space and how long does it take to re-adapt?
12. Does space feel like a second home to you?
13. What’s your favorite food in space?
14. What do you do for fun in space?
15. What was the best experience you had in space?
16. How do you know when it is time to wake up and when it is time to go to sleep?
17. If you went back in time to talk to your younger self to prepare for something in space, what would it be?
18. While training for missions are there any sports that helped you prepare?
19. When you were young, did you dream of flying a space shuttle?
20. What was your first thought when you looked back at Earth from the ISS?
21. What inspired you to pursue being an astronaut and what steps did you take?
22. Do you get disoriented on the space station?
23. What has been your most dangerous mission in space?
24. When you go to space, are there things you value more on earth?