An educational radio contact is planned with Maine Regional School Unit #21, Kennebunk, ME, multi-point telebridge via IK1SLD.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is Mike Hopkins KF5LJG.
Contact is go for 21 Jan 2021 18:27:40 UTC, 52deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; the latest information on the operation mode can be found here. The conversation will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Maine Regional School Unit #21 students:
1. How do you communicate with your family at home?
2. What do you miss the most from home?
3. How did you feel when you looked back and saw earth for the first time?
4. What are your favorite scientific experiments on the ISS right now?
5. Do magnets behave the same way in space as they do on Earth?
6. What is the most dangerous part of being in space?
7. What does it smell like in the space station?
8. How do you stay in shape on the ISS?
9. What happens if someone gets hurt in space?
10. How long and hard did you train to be an astronaut?
11. What are the side effects of being in space?
12. How do you conquer your fear in space?
13. What does a day in an astronaut’s life look like?
14. Have you seen any super rare and awesome things in space?
15. Do stars look closer when you’re in space?
16. What’s your favorite part of being an astronaut?
17. Does the food you eat taste different than it does on earth?
18. Do you think we are the only intelligent life forms in the universe?
19. What classes in school helped you the most as an astronaut?
20. What surprised you most about being in space or on the ISS?
21. How do astronauts sleep on the ISS?
22. How long have you been on the ISS?
23. Have you done a spacewalk?
24. What is the first thing you want to do when you get home?
25. How would you describe what it feels like during takeoff?