An educational radio contact is planned with Science & Technologie e.V. / event: Science Days, Teningen, Germany, and will be direct via DD1US.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is Luca Parmitano KF5KDP.
Contact is go for: Friday 18 Oct 2019, 09:37:45 UTC, 64 deg; contact will be in English, downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Science Days students:
1. Can you describe what the feeling when the rocket was launched?
2. What were your first impressions when you arrived at the ISS?
3. How did your family react when they learned about your trip into space?
4. Which time zone are you using on ISS and do night and day light changes play a role at all for your working day?
5. How does it feel to float in space and how do you like zero gravity?
6. We’ve heard that there are no windows in direction of outer space. Why is that and how does it feel like to see the stars from the station or during an outdoor mission?
7. The laws of which country are applicable in the ISS and in general there in space and do you have to pay tax for the money you earn in space? Who pays your wages?
8. Are there any scientific discoveries or important experiments which have been recently made?
9. Can see you visible changes occurring through the climate change?
10. Who makes decisions regarding, for example, who is allowed to do a space-walk? The space agencies or the commander?
11. Have you or another astronaut ever lost something on the ISS?
12. Do you think the Bosch reactor will be successfully implemented soon and how will it affect the ISS?
13. What do you think about space tourism?
14. Are private conversations with your family also allowed or do all conversations have to be carried out through the space agencies?
15. Was it worth it to put so much work into aerospace, now where you see the results or are you disappointed?
16. What is the weirdest thing you have on the ISS?
17. What do you do in order to prevent injuries and what medical equipment do you use in the case of an emergency?
18. What did you regret or miss when you flew into space?
19. What was the biggest damage you had to repair in the ISS and what happens with an ISS module if it’s irreparably damaged?