18 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Walter-K5WH
Walter-K5WH
1 year ago

Anyone have an update on the Packet station? Hardware failure, or just the need to schedule the time to reconfigure it back to normal operation. No doubt the team in plenty busy on their REAL jobs, just missing it. 🙂

Micol Ivancic
1 year ago
Reply to  Walter-K5WH

Hello, we all miss it so much!
Last spot was about 20 days ago, so we think it’s not working. New packet module is onboard ISS, but installation depends on the crew’s busy schedule. Hope they’ll can do it soon!

73, kd2qkd Micol

Andrew Squires
Andrew Squires
1 year ago
Reply to  Walter-K5WH

I had a listen on last pass but nothing. Another pass in 20 minutes will have another try. 73 VK3AS

Andrew Squires
Andrew Squires
1 year ago

iu2dmi Daniele next pass is in 6 minutes and has NO-84 following ion behind. Is almost sunset here so we may see ISS 73 Andy

Andrew Squires
Andrew Squires
1 year ago

iu2dmi Daniele ,OK nothing heard on either satellite. Thats it for tonight I think ! 73 Andy

Luciano
Luciano
1 year ago

It was shut off before the last Soyuz brought back 3 crewmembers. Don’t know if there is a problem, or maybe partial US federal government shutdown affects non-critical NASA operations.
Another set of equipment is on board and should be replaced by the end of Jan 2019.

Luciano
Luciano
1 year ago

The following is the latest I heard from Houston yesterday:
“Had already requested replacement but ran into a little logistics issue. Working to resolve (but could be quite a while).”
I’ll let everybody knows if I get more info about ISS APRS.
In the meantime, check the footage I made using my FT817ND and a 5/8 2m antenna inside my house two days ago https://twitter.com/luciangasparini/status/1082734364092440578?s=08

Micol Ivancic
1 year ago
Reply to  Luciano

Have you any news from Houston, Luciano?
Checked your tweet, congrats! Thank you.

Luciano
Luciano
1 year ago
Reply to  Micol Ivancic

No, I haven’t but I’ll post once I get more news.

In the mean time, how many of you have hit NO-84 with an HT and Arrow style antenna?

Luciano
Luciano
1 year ago

Ciao Daniele! Grazie mille per la informazione.
Sto cercando un progetto che non sia così grande e pesante oppure piccolo e debole per utilizzare su 2m.
Forte abbraccio e buon fine settimana!

Gordon Liddle
8 months ago

145.550 MHz // APRS beacon received today:
1:Fm RS0ISS To CQ [16:18:59R] [+++]
>ARISS – International Space Station
1:Fm RS0ISS To CQ [16:20:59R] [-++]
>ARISS – International Space Station

Gordon in NW Scotland.

Brian Clark
Editor
8 months ago
Reply to  Gordon Liddle

Thank you Gordon for this update!

2019-10-13 08:18:59 PDT: RS0ISS>CQ,qAR,GM4OAS:>ARISS – International Space Station
2019-10-13 08:20:59 PDT: RS0ISS>CQ,qAR,GM4OAS:>ARISS – International Space Station

I tried myself last evening, and the system was down.

73’s Brian – KF6FES

Gordon Liddle
8 months ago

Hi Brian, I am receiving this on 145.550 not .825 – this is a local FM simplex talk channel and I assumed someone close to me was transmitting on the wrong frequency but got these decodes today identifying ISS.
Cheers