An ARISS educational radio contact is planned with Pembroke Junior Senior High School, Corfu, NY, telebridge via LU8YY.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is David St-Jacques KG5FYI, flying his first mission.
Contact is go for: Tue 2019-01-08 15:28:49 UTC 32 deg.
Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above interested areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. It’s strictly recomended: RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Here are the questions generated by the Pembroke Junior Senior High School students:
1. Did you always know that you wanted to become an astronaut?
2. What do you do for fun while you are in space?
3. What items did you bring with you to space?
4. What food do you miss the most?
5. What does it feel like to exit the atmosphere?
6. How do you know if it is day or night on the ISS?
7. What surprised you the most when you arrived at the space station, or has it been just as you expected?
8. To help us understand the size of the space station, can you compare it to the size of something on Earth?
9. Do you follow Eastern Standard Time in space?
10. What is the most difficult everyday activity or task to complete in space?
11. How do you clean up spills and messes in space?
12. Does the space station help to predict weather?
13. How do you prepare for the lack of gravity that you experience in space?
14. Which do you enjoy more, being in space or on Earth?
15. Do you celebrate Christmas or other holidays on the space station?
16. How do you maintain your water supply in space?
17. Can you spot specific constellations from space?
18. How would you take care of an open wound in space?
19. What equipment do you use to contact your family?
20. How do you exercise in space?
21. What is your favorite part about being on the ISS?
22. What do you believe is the future for manned spaceflight?
23. Who inspired you to become an astronaut?
24. How does a flame act in space?
25. What is the coolest thing you have seen on Earth from space?
Contact was successful: Tue 2019-01-08 15:28:49 UTC 32 deg
Here is Luciano Gasparini’s registration of this ARISS School Contact. Thank you for sharing!