An educational radio contact is planned with B. Russell High School, Rome, Italy, direct via IKØUSO. The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled crewmember is Yasmin Moghbeli KI5WSL; the ARISS mentor is IKØWGF .
Contact is go for: Thursday 15 February 2024, 11:32:10 UTC, 54 deg. Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above areas within the ISS footprint on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the B. Russell High School students:
1. What progress has been made in research on plants in space and what impact could it have on future extraterrestrial cultivation?
2. In your experiments are you doing any research; which has to do whit new solutions to climate change?
3. How will artificial intelligence influence the life and research of astronauts?
4. In simple terms, can you explain what the PROMETEO II project is about?
5. What technological challenges do you think are crucial to overcome in order to make presence in space more sustainable and comfortable in the long term?
6. You are carrying out studies on the cardiovascular system. Could the results obtained be applied, for example, in the development of new aeronautical technologies?
7. If a person gets sick while being in a closed space, what can be done to avoid the passage of viruses and apply the consequent treatment?
8. How does the perception of time and space change during a prolonged space mission?
9. How do you deal whit long-term physical changes, such as loss of bone density while in space?
10. What are the physical tests that an astronaut must pass?
11. What is standard procedure in the case of fire?
12. In the event of a breakdown in the carbon dioxide disposal machinery what should the astronauts do? ( Hoping it never happens )
13. How important is the collaboration between all astronauts to achieve the required objectives?
14. What is the impact experienced by the body caused by the absence of gravity?
15. Do you follow a specific diet before going into space?
16. How does physical activity play a vital role for astronauts inside the space station?
17. What is the purpose of future space exploration?
18. What kind of biological experiments do you have to carry out on board?
19. How can we keep up a hypothetical supply chain for future colonies and bases on Mars and on the moon? ( Is it possible, perhaps, to develop a system for a complete self-sufficiency)
20. What studies must one complete to become an astronaut?