An educational radio contact is planned with Carl-Maria-von-Weber-Schule Eutin, Eutin, Germany, direct via DKØOH/Telebridge AND Gymnasium im Loekamp, Marl, Germany, telebridge via DKØOH.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled crewmember is Andreas Mogensen KG5GCZ; the ARISS mentor is IN3GHZ.
Contact is go for: Monday 4 December 2023, 11:36:11 UTC, 23 deg. Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; the conversation will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Carl-Maria-von-Weber-Schule Eutin AND Gymnasium im Loekamp students:
1. What exciting experience fascinated you the most during your stay on the ISS?
2. Could you highlight a discovery that have already emerged through research conducted on the ISS?
3. We have a school project where we launch a weather balloon. Can you see a weather balloon at 40km altitude from the ISS?
4. Do you conduct experiments in space from the ISS and if so, what was the most exciting experiment?
5. Is there any muscle degradation due to weightlessness in space, and if so, what are the symptoms and countermeasures?
6. How do astronauts treat illnesses or medical emergencies while they are in space?
7. Is the time different in space than on Earth?
8. Does your voice change due to weightlessness or muscle loss when you stay on the ISS?
9. How do astronauts spend their free time in space?
10. How would you describe the dynamics and relationships among astronauts aboard the ISS, and did you know your colleagues before the mission?
11. What do you miss most from Earth in space and what will you miss most from the ISS on Earth?
12. How do you feel when you look out of the window to the earth and think of your family living there?
13. How have your expectations regarding your work on the ISS changed compared to your initial thought?
14. What are the main differences between training underwater and actually living in space, even though both conditions are weightless?
15. Don’t you miss just sitting down there and does the weightlessness get annoying sometimes?
16. What is your biggest fear during a mission?
17. How is the food packaged on the ISS, and does it taste different than on Earth?
18. How is air quality maintained inside the space station?
19. How is water filtered from urine in the space toilet?
20. Do you believe in the existence of aliens?