An educational radio contact is planned with Valley Stream South High School, Valley Stream, NY, telebridge via telebridge via IK1SLD ARISS Telebridge & HamTV Ground Station, located in Casale Monferrato (AL), Italy.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled crewmember is Andreas Mogensen KG5GCZ; the ARISS mentor is AB1OC. Contact is go for: Tuesady 17 October 2023, 12:25:03 UTC, 38 deg .
Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM ; the conversation will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Watch for livestream: from school from ground station
Proposed questions generated by the Valley Stream South High School students:
1. What influenced you to become an astronaut?
2. I understand that to become an astronaut, one of the requirements is to get a degree in the STEM field. Can you further explain other requirements that you need to become an astronaut for students that would like to become one?
3. What training was required to become an astronaut?
4. What characteristics do you think NASA is looking for in future astronauts now and in the future?
5. Can you further explain the space community that you live in on the ISS?
6. Can you further explain how you prepared for microgravity in space in your training?
7. How does microgravity affect you?
8. What is the duration of time that you are permitted to be in space on the ISS?
9. What do you enjoy the most about being on the ISS?
10. Can you describe your daily activities?
11. How are you able to maintain homeostasis of your body systems while in space?
12. How are you able to maintain a productive, positive daily outlook being 400km away from Earth?
13. What strengths do you have that are important to the functioning of the crew on the ISS?
14. What are the challenges do you experience working on ISS that are different than working on Earth?
15. What was your most exciting mission in space?
16. Are there any upcoming missions that you are excited about?
17. What potential do you think agriculture has aboard the ISS as a source of long-term food supply?
18. There is exciting research on the ISS, what research are you involved in, and can you explain how the researchers on Earth coordinate with those in space?