An educational radio contact is planned with Belgian Defence (KSOO), Koninklijke School voor Onderofficieren, Sint-Truiden, Belgium, direct via ON4BAF AND telebridge to IEPSCF Colfontaine, Colfontaine, Belgium.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled crewmember is Jasmin Moghbeli KI5WSL, the ARISS mentor is ON6TI.
Contact is go for: Tuesday 10 October 2023, 11:36:29 UTC, 78 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible over parts of Europe within the ISS footprint on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Belgian Defence (KSOO), Koninklijke School voor Onderofficieren AND IEPSCF Colfontaine students:
1. How can you tell time? Does day and night exist in the space station?
2. What was your motivation to become an astronaut?
3. Which kind of pollution (air pollution, plastics in the sea…) is visible from space?
4. How does the ISS maintain its orbit?
5. How did it feel when you took off?
6. How did you feel the first time you realized you were in space?
7. What convinced you to go to space?
8. How does the ISS protect its crew from electromagnetic radiation from space?
9. In February 2018 Elon Musk launched a Tesla (car) in space. Have you already been able to spot it in space?
10. What are the requirements to be an astronaut?
11. Who does the laundry on board of the ISS?
12. What was the most impressive or breathtaking sight you have witnessed in space?
13. Do you ever change course and how fast can the spaceship change its course?
14. What are the means of survival in the ship?
15. How many of you can leave the ISS to do some reparations on the outer side of the spaceship? Is there a minimum and/or a maximum?
16. Can you describe the psychological and emotional impact of living in a confined space for an extended period?
17. How many hours of sleep do you have daily? And is that sleep the same as in your bed at home?
18. Are your clothes comfortable?
19. How does temperature management happen in space?
20. Is there a smell in space?