An educational radio contact is planned with SPACE (Space Port Area Conference for Educators), Kennedy Space Center, FL, telebridge via VK4KHZ ARISS telebridge ground station.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Sultan Al Neyadi KI5VTV; he ARISS mentor are AJ9N and AA4KN.
Contact is go for: Wednesday 21 June 2023, 14:52:25 UTC ,38 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Australia on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the SPACE attendees:
1. How much noise is there on the ISS compared to your work space on the ground and how do you adapt?
2. What are skills that you had to learn/practice to complete your work on the ISS?
3. Do you play any music on instruments or your personal devices while on the ISS? If so, what do you play?
4. If a student is interested in becoming an astronaut, what nutrition and exercise advice would you provide them for training on Earth versus training on the ISS?
5. What is one trait that you think is absolutely necessary to become an astronaut?
6. If you have been on an EVA or near an astronaut that has been on one, is there any detectable smell? What does space smell like?
7. What do you do to handle the monotony of long term confinement to a small controlled environment?
8. Do you have any hobbies that helped prepare you for your work aboard the ISS?
9. Are your dreams different in zero g?
10. How is your impression when you see from another perspective the earth, the geography, the ocean?
11. What would surprise us that you are unable to do in space that we take for granted here on Earth?
12. What type of activities are taking place onboard the ISS that are part of NASA’s Moon to Mars efforts?
13. Commitment to the ISS has been shown through 2030 for several countries. After that, what’s next? What do our students have to look forward to?
14. What does your exercise routine consist of to maintain your health and strength, while living in space?
15. What was your application to become an astronaut like? Did it take you numerous times? Did you do anything in between applications to improve your chances?