An euducational radio contact is planned with Fairview Elementary, Olathe, KS, telebridge via VK4ISS.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Warren Hoburg KB3HTZ; the ARISS mentor is AJ9N.
Contact is go for: Friday 19 May 2023, 18:58:08 UTC, 43 deg .; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Australia on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Watch for livestream!
Proposed questions generated by the Fairview Elementary students:
1. What is the most difficult thing about being an astronaut?
2. Has the ISS ever gotten close to a meteor and have you gotten any pictures of it?
3. How many languages are there on the ISS and are the controls only in English?
4. Is it easy to go to the bathroom in space?
5. Why do astronauts go to outer space?
6. What do the stars look like from the space station?
7. What would happen if you fell off the space station?
8. How much did it cost to build the SpaceX rocket ship and how much gas did you need to get to the ISS?
9. Have you seen an exoplanet like Kepler 22b?
10. What does the horizon look like from the space station?
11. What do you eat in space and where does it come from?
12. Have you ever done a backflip in space?
13. How can I be an astronaut?
14. How do you grow plants on the space station?
15. Has anything gone wrong after you went up to space?
16. What do you think of your job because sometimes you miss things like birthdays, funerals, and other important stuff?
17. In case of emergency and you have to abandon the space station, how will you be able to escape to earth safe and sound?
18. What do you do for fun on the space station?
19. How long does it take to get to the space station?
20. How do you know what time it is in space? Can you tell if it’s day or night?
21. What is your favorite thing to do on the ISS and when you get home?
22. What is the longest amount of time you have spent in space?
23. What does it feel like to sit on top of a rocket when it blasts off?
24. How do you adjust from gravity on earth to no gravity in space?
25. How long do you stay on the space station?
26. What happens if you get sick on the space station?
27. Do you float while you sleep?
28. Do you exercise in space and do you shower?