An educational radio contact is planned with Norwich Free Academy, Norwich, CT, direct via W1HLO. The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Josh Cassada KI5CRH.
Contact is go for: Monday 30 January 2023, 18:55:20 UTC, 43 deg . Downlink signals from ISS will be audible over parts of USA within the ISS footprint on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Watch for Livestream:
Watch pre-contact video from school:
Proposed questions generated by the Norwich Free Academy students:
1. What was the journey like for you to become an astronaut and is there anything you would recommend to someone aspiring to become one?
2. Can you tell us about how the ISS is resupplied and what kinds of things get delivered to you?
3. What experiments are going on in the ISS?
4. Are you concerned about disuse osteoporosis and what do you do in space prevent it?
5. If you get sick in space, what would you do?
6. How do you use the bathroom in space?
7. What does your routine look like on the space station from when you wake up to when you go to sleep?
8. What does the food you eat taste like
9. How do you keep in contact with friends and family
10. What were the hardest things to get used to while in space?
11. How do you stay clean in space?
12. What was the most dangerous thing you’ve experienced in space?
13. Have you gotten taller in space and if so, has it caused any pain?
14. Is it possible for things to collide with the ISS and what would you do if that happened?
15. What do you do on your free time?
16. What does it feel like entering and leaving space?
17. Are you able to have pets in your spaceship or are there any experiments that involve animals?
18. How do you sleep?
19. What is your favorite and least favorite part about being on board the ISS
20. Why did you decide to be an astronaut after hearing all the dangers that come with it?
21. What is the grossest thing in space?
22. What is it like to go on a space walk?
23. Will you bring back any souvenirs from space?
24. Has being an astronaut changed your views about society and our planet?