An educational radio contact is planned with Escola Secundária de Lagoa, Lagoa, Azores, telebridge via IK1SLD ARISS Telebridge & HamTV Ground Station, located in Casale Monferrato (AL), Italy.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is Josh Cassada KI5CRH. Contact is go for: Thursday 19 January 2023, 18:20:34 UTC, 55 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM ; the conversation will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Escola Secundária de Lagoa students:
1. How do you feel about the fact that your bones, muscles and organs aren’t affected by the space gravity?
2. How does it feel to have achieved your life goal of being an astronaut?
3. If an astronaut becomes very ill in space and needs urgent medical care, what happens? Do doctors travel with you?
4. What would happen if planet earth had Mars’ low gravity?
5. What do you do while you’re on board of the International Space Station? (ISS)?
6. If you could change anything about your work, what would it be?
7. During their stay in space, do astronauts have any working schedule to keep? what activities do they do in their free time?
8. While they are in the Space Station, do astronauts play video games during their free time?
9. What sensations or effects occur during re-entry into Earth’s orbit?
10. Since there is no atmosphere in space, have you ever been woken up by the sun photons while you were sleeping?
11. Do astronauts have to follow any specific rules or laws when in space?
12. Let’s imagine that humans have, in some way, my planet Earth a place impossible to live in. would it be possible for humans to live in an exoplanet?
13. What should we study if we want to become an astronaut?
14. What do you like to do when you are bored in space?
15. Do you think your life dream of being an astronaut has, in some way, affected your social life?
16. During take-off, how do astronauts feel both physically and psychologically?
17. How do astronauts entertain themselves during their free time in space?
18. What experiments, in the field of biology, are currently taking place on board the ISS?
19. How long does it take to prepare yourself for space?
20. In space, do astronauts have to have a special diet?