An educational radio contact is planned with Escola Naval (Brazil Navy Academy), Ilha de Villegagnon – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, direct via PY1AX . The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Josh Cassada KI5CRH .
Contact is go for: Monday 28 November 2022, 12:23:41 UTC, 22 deg.; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above areas interested by the ISS foorprint on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM ; the conversation will be in English. RX only! Credits: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Escola Naval (Brazil Navy Academy) students:
1. What are the projections for life on the Moon? Is it going to happen in the near future or is it something far from happening?
2. If there are any, what are the effects of the Theory of Relativity on you on the space station?
3. Have you ever felt the “overview effect”? How does it feel to see everything you know in front of your eyes, without borders, without wars, without religions, just a celestial sphere in the middle of the darkness and emptiness?
4. How do space agencies deal with health complications that might arise when an astronaut returns to Earth after a long period in orbit?
5. What is the most difficult challenge you have encountered in space?
6. What are the short-term and long-term objectives of the station?
7. How do you counteract the side effects of staying in a microgravity environment for a considerable amount of time?
8. The importance of the International Space Station is immeasurable. How do you see it shutting down? And what are the consequences?
9. What is the preparation to work for a long time and to survive in the station?
10. How can the ISS work to reduce the trash left in space?
11. How is Artificial Intelligence (AI) used on the International Space Station and for which purpose?
12. What are the benefits of the ISS for humanity?
13. What experiments are you doing at the moment?
14. What is the procedure if someone has a serious health problem?
15. Have you ever had any contact with the amateur radio community before boarding the ISS?
16. What is the most important thing when you are getting ready for a mission?
17. How does the application process for the space station work and who selects the crew?