An educational radio contact is planned with Harris Middle School, Spruce Pine, N.C., direct via K4CF.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Bob Hines KI5RQT. Contact is go for: Tuesday 11 October 2022, 15:00:45 UTC, 34 deg.
Downlink signals from ISS will be audible over area inetrested by the ISS footprint on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Harris Middle School students:
1. What inspired you to become an astronaut and what has been your most challenging part of your journey?
2. If an astronaut is sick or injured, how are they treated? How would he or she get back to Earth in an emergency?
3. Are all the astronauts on the ISS on the same sleep and work schedule or are there different shifts?
4. How many crew members do you have on board?
5. When you finish your mission on the ISS, would you like to be a part of the Artemis program or even go to Mars?
6. Does the ISS have an escape vehicle and have you ever had to use it?
7. If you had to give advice to a future astronaut about something they should know that training did not prepare them for, what would you tell them?
8. What is your educational background or field of study?
9. How do you maintain adequate nutrition and fitness while being on board the ISS?
10. What will you miss the most while being in Space? What food item not available on the ISS will you miss the most?
11. How do you celebrate birthdays and holidays on the ISS?
12. How do you stay in touch with your family?
13. How do the astronauts wash their hair without getting water everywhere?
14. Are you or anyone else up there doing research on any diseases that affect humans? Are you aware of any research in space that has helped to understand, treat, or cure a disease?
15. What is your favorite space-themed movie?
16. How long have you been involved in the space program and how long have you been on the ISS?
17. How long have you been a Ham Radio Operator and what do you enjoy about it?