An educational radio contact is planned with Hino Elementary School & Canna Project-Canna School Contact Team, Suzaka, Japan, direct via 8NØCAN.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled crewmember is Kayla Barron KI5LAL.
Contact is go for: Friday 3 December 2021, 10:02:22 UTC, 44 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above intrested areas in Japan on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Hino Elementary School & Canna Project-Canna School students:
1. What does space smell like?
2. What was it like when the rocket broke through the atmosphere?
3. Is the feeling of weightlessness similar to floating in a pool?
4. Do you ever feel nauseous while in zero-gravity?” What is your favorite part of the ISS’s interior?
5. What is the most popular space food?
6. Canna seeds were planted and taken to the ISS for five months and were returned to the Earth to continue growing here. Are there any affects to the growth of the plants which have been in space and later returned to Earth?
7. Can plants, including canna, grow in the ISS?
8. How does a plant vine grow in space?
9. I heard that the canna seeds that we launched were held with Velcro, but are there any other items that are also held together with Velcro?
10. Do you have any things like plants on the ISS to help you relax ? If not, what kind of plants would you like to have?
11. How do astronauts, who stay in space, feel about the various things that happen on Earth while they are up there.
12. What will you do if you get injured or sick in space on the ISS？
13. Are there any viruses in space?
14. What would you like to do first when you come back to Earth?
15. What kind of skills should I acquire as a child to become an astronaut?