An educational radio contact is planned with South Yarra Primary School, South Yarra, Victoria, Australia, and will be via ARISS Telebridge Station K6DUE in Greenbelt, Maryland.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Mark Vande Hei KG5GNP. Contact is go for: Tuesday 9 November 2021, 09:58:23 UTC, 75 deg; the talk will be in English, downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Maryland, USA, and nearby areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the South Yarra Primary School students:
1. Do you think electro-magnetic rockets would benefit space travel and how far off are we from launching them?
2. If you were to tell your younger self that in 2021 you would be going to space, how would you have reacted and why?
3. What do you look forward the most each day on the International Space Station?
4. What is the most interesting thing you have seen or experienced in space.
5. How does micro gravity feel in space and how does it affect you?
6. How long have you been on the International Space Station and what is your favourite thing to do there?
7. What are your main thoughts about space knowing that you should expect the unexpected?
8. As experts on space exploration, do you think Space exploration is a good idea and do you think space tourism is a good idea?
9. What are the best and the worse things about being in Space?
10. What fascinates you about being onboard the International Space Station?
11. What is the scariest thing in space that you have experienced?
12. What do you miss the most about being on Earth?
13. What kind of experiments are happening on the International Space Station that can help in the prevention of extinction of animal and plant life on Earth?
14. What information about space are the astronauts on the ISS hoping to find in 10 years?
15. How many experiments are happening on the ISS and how do you choose which experiments will take place?
16. What does a day on the Space Station look like for you?
17. What inspired you to become an Astronaut?
18. How do you become an Astronaut?
19. How has it been for you to isolate from the rest of the world and what have you done to cope?
20. Have you done a space walk and if yes, how does it feel?
21. What is your purpose on the International Space Station at the moment?
22. Does food taste different in space and can you describe the difference?
23. What do you do to keep yourself occupied and not get bored while in space?
24. What was it like when you saw Earth from space for the first time?