An educational radio contact is planned with Prescott Unified School District, Dewey, AZ, multi-point telebridge via AB1OC. A multi-point telebridge contact means that each student will be on the telebridge from their own home.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Mark Vande Hei KG5GNP. Contact is go for: Tue 5 Oct 2021,18:08:35 UTC, 35 deg.; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above New Hampshire and nearby areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, pls remember: RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Prescott Unified School District students:
1. What do you do in your free time?
2. Why did you choose to be an astronaut?
3. My favorite thing to read about in outer space is solar tsunamis caused by solar flares. Have you ever studied or seen them and how they affect planet Earth?
4. After being in space with no gravity, what does it feel like to return to Earth with gravity?
5. Is this your first mission? What has been the best part of it so far?
6. Is your job hard?
7. Is it hard to sleep in space and how do you sleep?
8. Are there any games or activities that you do for fun in space?
9. Do you think you can apply what you’ve learned from living on the ISS to living long-term on the moon or Mars?
10. Can you describe the launch process and what is the best and worst part?
11. What kind of schooling/career path prep do you have to do to become an astronaut in space?
12. Have you ever cooked for your crew in space?
13. When you went up into space, were you scared?
14. What types of problems do you have to fix on the space station?
15. What are you studying right now or what experiments are you doing on the space station?
16. Do you get viruses (flu, cold. in space and what do you do when one of you gets sick?
17. Do you think there is another life form in space?
18. How far away are you from the earth?
19. What changes do you notice in your body when you arrive on the ISS and when you return home to Earth?
20. Do you ever feel homesick, scared, or nervous in space? If so, what do you do?
21. How much living space is there in the Space Station and do you have any privacy?
22. I am wondering about the five senses. Are there unique smells? What is the temperature in the station? What does the food taste like?