An educational radio contact is planned with The Father’s House Christian School (Home Education Provider: Roots), Morinville, Alberta, Canada, and will be a multi-point telebridge via VK4KHZ. A multi-point telebridge contact means that each student will be on the telebridge from their own home.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled TBD and the scheduled astronaut is Akihiko Hoshide KE5DNI. Contact is go for: Wednesady 02 June 2021 , 14:28:53 UTC, 44 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Australia on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the The Father’s House Christian School students:
1. How do you sleep when there is no gravity?
2. What do you eat in space, and how do you bring the food to space?
3. How do you not crash into space debris?
4. Is it hard to learn how to walk again on earth after being in the space station?
5. What is the Canadarm used for?
6. How does a candle react when it is lit in space in a zero gravity and oxygen supplied environment?
7. Why is going to Mars a one-way trip for humans?
8. I am interested in Astrophotography. I recently saw a picture that Chris Cassidy captured of Hurricane Laura on August 25, 2020. Can you manually control the exterior cameras or are they are in a fixed position?
9. How long do you stay up in the ISS at a time?
10. Would a body decompose in space and if so, how long would it take?
11. What does it feel like to float in space?
12. Havilah: How fast do you go? How many times do you orbit earth each day?
13. What happens if your radio breaks and you can’t talk to earth?
14. What are some experiments you are working on?
15. How do you know where to land when you leave space and come back to earth?
16. Do you do anything special on birthdays and holidays in space?
17. What did it feel like looking back at earth the first time you saw it from space?
18. What does launching from earth feel like?
19. Is there anything flammable on the International Space Station, and if there is, what do you do if there is a fire?
20. Does hair grow faster or slower in space?