An educational radio contact is planned with Peace Corps, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, telebridge via NA7V.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Mike Hopkins KF5LJG. Contact is go for: Wed 03 March 2021, 13:09:23 UTC, 27 deg.;downlink signals will be audible over parts of USA on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in english. Check for latest information on the operation mode . RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Peace Corps students:
1. Why did you choose this job?
2. What is the daily routine of an international space station spaceman?
3. What happens in space if someone catches a cold?
4. How is it to live and work in space?
5. How do you feel about the fact that the last mission to the moon was in 1972?
6. What type of experiments do you manage to conduct on board?
7. What can an astronaut bring with him on board and what is not allowed?
8. How do you deal with a major medical emergency on board of a space craft? Is a doctor part of the crew?
9. Are the ISS modules seperated by country/agency or you all are in permanent collaboration with other groups?
10. What is the most difficult thing to get used to in lack of gravity?
11. How did you find out this was the perfect job for you?
12. What is the hardest part of being an astronaut?
13. How much time does it take to prepare for an event like this call?
14. How long does it take to recover from a trip to the International Space Station? Physically and mentally?
15. What is the main purpose of the station?
16. What is your favorite food to eat in space?
17. Do you ever call your family from space?
18. How does the Earth look from space?
19. What advice do you have for students who want to be astronauts?
20. Do you have a favorite space joke?