*** cancelled ***
An educational radio contact is planned with Turkish State Meteorological Service Mehmet Zakir Ekni High School, Yenimahalle, Turkey Kuyubaşi Şehit Oğuzhan Duyar Secondary School, Keçiören, Turkey Ted Ankara College Foundation High School, Gölbaşı, Turkey Maya Anatolian High School, Gölbaşı, Turkey, direct via TC2TSC.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and he scheduled astronaut is Chris Cassidy KF5KDR. Contact is go for: Tuesday 29 September, 12:35:08 UTC, 78 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Proposed questions generated by the Turkish State Meteorological Service students:
1. What would happen if an astronaut, during her travel to space, carries a contagious disease to the ISS and infects the other astronauts there? Would there be quarantine measures like the ones down here, and, if so, how would they be organized?
2. What are the advantages of doing experiments in space, and could you tell us about a scientific experiment or research you are working on right now?
3. As far as I know the ISS runs on solar power, if so how much power do you use per hour and do you have any plans or projects for alternative sources of power?
4. Our teachers and our family always advise us to recycle our garbage? Now we have a big campaign on governmental offices and schools called Zero Waste. How much waste does the ISS produce and do you recycle them?
5. All time measurements based on the movement of the earth but you are living out of the earth. So, what kind of time do you use and how it is different from our time?
6. What is the life like on the International Space Station?
7. Can the International Space Station be seen from the World?
8. Can you hear sounds in the space?
9. How does living in the space affect your body?
10. Has going to space made any changes to your perspective on life?
11. When we go abroad, there are passport controls and they stamp in our passports. Are there any stamps in your passports which shows your travel from or to the Planet Earth?
12. How do astronauts cope with coming back to earth after a mission completed? What is the max period of time that an astronaut could spend in the space?
13. How does radiation affect astronauts and how is the radiation exposure differs compared to the one on earth?
14. Have you ever seen any weather phenomena from there, especially thunderstorms?
15. Our physical education teacher always advises us to make some exercises like push-ups and abdominal crunches. Which physical exercises can you do in the space station?
16. What kind of food do you consume? Do you have a special diet during and before space flight?
17. According to some research, people are searching for possible solutions in order to live on Mars. According to you, is it possible to live on Mars? If no, how many years more will it take to live in there?
18. Does the sun look same like from the earth and what does an orbital sunrise look like?
19. How long does it take to come back to earth?
20. Are you able to realize rotation of the earth?