An educational radio contact is planned with Information and Technologies Branch, Department of Education-Queensland Government, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, telebridge via AB1OC.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Chris Cassidy KF5KDR. Contact is go for: Monday 24 Aug 2020, 09:32:57 UTC, 34 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above New Hampshire and nearby areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM, pls remember: RX only! (Credit: AMSAT.)
Thanks to Bob VK4DA, the live audio should be available: Echolink *HAM* 69556 / IRLP 9556 / AllStar 48820 49903
Proposed questions generated by the Information and Technologies Branch students:
1. What was the main ambition or reason for going to the ISS in the first place?
2. What was it like see space for the first time?
3. Do you ever have arguments?
4. Did you have any issues (personal, technical) whilst flying up towards the ISS?
5. Was your childhood dream being a pilot and this is the progression, or did you always dream of going into space?
6. What mindset do you need to have to be an astronaut?
7. How did you become interested in being an astronaut?
8. Circa what year do you predict space hotels will be physically possible to achieve? And do you think these space stations are the first steps towards developing said hotels?
9. When you are in space, you orbit the Earth incredibly fast. Because of this, has your perception of time changed since being in space? If so, how is it different?
10. How do you keep personal hygiene up to standards e.g. how you go for a shower/bath, toilet, and shaving?
11. Have you had a life threatening experience on the space station?
12. How does it feel to be isolated in space, knowing there isn’t anyone else around you except yourself and fellow crew mates?
13. During your launch windows there have been several technical delays, how do you deal with the build-up and then let down of your emotions in these events?
14. What will you miss the most about life on the ISS when you return to Earth?
15. You were a Navy Seal, what brought you across to NASA and spaceflight?
16. What is it like going on a spacewalk for the first time?
17. How do you maintain a positive mindset and good mental health in space, for example with the global pandemic of COVID-19 how are you coping with being such a distance away from the people you love and care about?
18. What were your emotions during lift off?