An educational radio contact is planned with Kittredge Magnet School, Atlanta, GA, direct via KQ4KMS The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Drew Morgan KI5AAA.
Contact is go for: Mon 24 Feb 2020 18:23:55 UTC, 31 deg. Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Georgia and nearby areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM. Contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Kittredge Magnet School students:
1. What education is required to become an astronaut? Do you have any advice for students who want to become astronauts?
2. Is an American always “in charge” on the ISS or do the different countries take turns?
3. Do you only go to the ISS with the same team, or do you meet new people every time you go?
4. Is there a “waiting list” for countries that want to be part of an ISS team, and is there a maximum number of team members at one time?
5. How do you communicate with fellow astronauts aboard the ISS when there is a language barrier?
6. What is the hardest activity that you do on the Space Station?
7. Does the food taste good? How do you season it?
8. What type of experiments do astronauts do in space?
9. What would happen if you put dry ice inside the space station and outside the space station?
10. What were you allowed to take with you to the ISS, how much are you allowed, and how did you decide what to bring?
11. Are you able to see some of the other planets and their moons more clearly from the ISS?
12. How does the 16 sunrises and sunsets affect your sleep schedule?
13. Can you vote for political events while in space and if so how?
14. Is there an emergency plan in case something goes wrong during launch? If so, what is it?
15. Has someone ever gotten sick or had a medical emergency on the ISS? If so, what is the procedure?
16. How much radiation do you get, on average, in a normal stay on the ISS, and do you see any change in physical and/or mental health as a result?
17. How would the ISS get more oxygen if it ever ran out of oxygen?
18. Is it easy to write in space, or do you have to use different materials to write there?
19. What do you with your trash in space?
20. Do you grow any food up there and how do you make sure you have enough food to last you before another shipment comes in?