An educational radio contact is planned with Council Rock High School South, Holland, PA, direct via KC3NGG.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Drew Morgan KI5AAA. Contact is go for: Thursday 5 Dec 2019 17:56:31 UTC, 71 deg.
Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of USA on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Join the Council Rock Face Book Group for updates and watch a live stream of the contact on Thursday!
Facebook page & link for live stream video of the contact: https://www.facebook.com/pg/crsouthradio/posts/?ref=page_internal
Council Rock Amateur Radio Club Homepage: https://www.crsd.org/Page/57298
Council Rock Amateur Radio Club Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/crsouthradio/
Proposed questions generated by the Council Rock High School South students:
1. How has being in space affected your view of life on Earth?
2. What were some of your favorite STEM projects that you worked on?
3. What was it like being part of the mission that participated in the first female spacewalk?
4. What inspired you to put in the enormous commitment to become an astronaut?
5. For students that are looking to pursue a career in space, what advice would you give them?
6. How will the new chocolate chip cookie machine work in microgravity and are you looking forward to your first cookie in space?
7. Have any astronauts ever gotten sick in space and how would it be dealt with if it happens?
8. What experiments have you worked on that involved living more sustainably on Earth?
9. What advantages are there to running experiments in a microgravity environment?
10. Have you noticed any physical changes about your body since living on the ISS?
11. Why do you believe it is important for students and children to be excited about space and the sciences?
12. What has been your most memorable experience on the ISS?
13. What is the biggest mistake that you have made while in space and what did you learn from it? 14. Since being in space, have you noticed your taste in food or cravings change?
15. What do you miss most in space that you would normally have on Earth?
16. What vegetables will the ISS work towards growing in the future as the phased research project involving Veg-0404A, Veg-04B, and Veg-05 continues?
17. What do the Northern Lights look like from space?
18. What time zone do you use on the ISS and has it been hard to adjust to the day/night cycles while in orbit?
19. What are your favorite things to do in your free time while in space?
20. Do you ever have any personal space or privacy while on the ISS?