An educational radio contact is planned with the Children’s Inn at NIH (National Institutes of Health), Bethesda, MD (CASIS#3), telebridge via ON4ISS . The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is Nick Hague KG5TMV
Contact is go for: Mon 2019-09-23 20:08:27 UTC 89 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the NIH students:
1. What’s it like to go up in a rocket ship?
2. How are experiments conducted in space?
3. Are there aliens in space? Do you see foreign creatures?
4. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen in space?
5. If you get sick in space how do you get medical treatment?
6. What do you do for fun in space?
7. How many times have you been in space?
8. How are body tissues affected by being in space?
9. Heidi, 13: Could being space be helpful to different medical conditions?
10. What medicine do you have to take before you go into space?
11. What advice do you have for someone who wants to become an astronaut?
12. What changes have you seen in your trips to space?
13. How do you prepare food in space?
14. Are your energy levels affected from being in space?
15. What is the weight of the space station?
16. Would you rather live with gravity or without gravity?
17. Does your hair grow faster in space?
18. What books or classes influenced you to be an astronaut?
19. What effects do space have on your sleep?
20. Do you get to FaceTime in space to talk to your family? How often?
21. What time zone is it in space?
22. Does your body change in space?
23. What are some things that you like about being in space?
24. How do you become an astronaut and travel into space?
25. What do you do to prepare for your travel into space?
Watch for live coverage at:
ISS Astronaut to Talk to Ill Children About Space Medical Research
We’re partnering with @ncats_nih_gov & @ARISS_status to host Ask an Astronaut: Biomedical Science Edition. This event, taking place on our FB next week 8/22 @ 12:45, provides an opportunity for Inn residents to chat with @AstroDrewMorgan on @Space_Station: https://t.co/udYwvg0W9c pic.twitter.com/mbsXsNMM2q
— The Children's Inn (@TheChildrensInn) August 15, 2019