An educational radio contact is planned with The Children’s Inn at NIH (National Institutes of Health), Bethesda, MD, telebridge via VK4KHZ.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS The scheduled astronaut is Drew Morgan KI5AAA. Contact is go for: Thu 2019-08-22 17:16:22 UTC 38 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the NIH students:
1. How many tissues are in the body? Does your internal tissue change when you are in space?
2. How many times have you been in space?
3. What has changed for you during your trips into space?
4. What medicine do you have to take before you go into space?
5. What do you do to prepare for your travel into space?
6. Are there any medical conditions (or diseases) that may be helped by being in space?
7. What are some things that you like about being in space?
8. How long do you sleep in space? Is the time required for rest shorter due to being in space?
9. How do you become an astronaut and travel into space?
10. What happens if you get sick in space? How do you get medical treatment?
11. How do you prepare food in space?
12. What time zone is it in space?
13. Do you get to facetime in space to talk to your family? How often?
14. Is it really hard on your energy level and body to go into to space or be in space? How much energy is consumed in space and is it at a faster rate?
15. What is the maximum capacity of the space station?
16. Do you find that a fear of heights affects people when they are in space?
17. Are there aliens in space? Do you see foreign creatures? 1
8. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen in space?
19. Does your hair grow faster in space?
20. Does your body change in space?
21. What’s it like to go up in a rocket ship?
22. Would you rather live with gravity or without gravity?
23. What do you do for fun in space?
24. What do you do with the waste and the materials when the experiments are finished during your travel in the space station?
25. What favorite childhood books and subjects in elementary school led you to want to be an astronaut?