An ARISS School Contact has been planned with partecipants at Huntington High School , Huntington , TX on 15 Apr, starting approximately 15:39:46 UTC. The contact will be direct via KI5AJL, the ISS callsign will be NA1SS. The contact should be audible over the state of Texas and adjacent areas. Interested parties are invited to listen in on the 145.80 MHz downlink; the contact is expected to be conducted in English. The scheduled astronaut is The scheduled astronaut is David St-Jacques KG5FYI. Credit: AMSAT.
Participants will ask as many of the following questions as time allows:
1. What is the most exciting experience that you have had or discovery you
have made while on the ISS?
2. How does being in space affect blood pressure?
3. What is your favorite movie set in outer space, and which movie do you
feel most accurately portrays what it is like in space?
4. How do you incorporate 3D printers on the ISS and how valuable is it to
the success of the ISS program?
5. How much physical training do you have to do during a space mission and
how do you do this?
6. What do you do for entertainment while in space?
7. What does it feel like wearing a spacesuit and are they custom made to
8. How good is the food on the space station and whats your favorite kind?
9. How can astronauts have a shower on board?
10. What type of physical training did you have to do to prepare to be on the
11. What advice can you give to students who aspire to follow in your
12. Have you ever tried to pull pranks on each other and, if so, what were
13. If presented with the opportunity, would you like to be involved with
colonizing Mars and how?
14. Is your daily routine regimented to a time zone, or can you sleep, wake,
and work at times you choose?
15. How does being in space affect how you sleep and dream?
16. How do you clean up your messes in space?
17. When and why did you decide to become an astronaut?
18. Are you working on anything that will help make a colony on Mars.
19. How did you feel when you saw planet Earth for the first time?
20. What is the first thing you want to do when you get back on earth?
21. Do the astronauts ever leave time capsules to be found on the ISS in the
22. How do you brush your teeth on board the ISS?
23. What do you think should be the focus of the space program over the next
24. What do you want to do as soon as you get back home?
25. How do you draw blood in space for all the experiments requiring that?
26. What is your favorite part about living in space?