School Ceip Nuestra Senora Del Carmen, Torre De La Reina, Spain preparing for educational contact (credits: IK0USO- Marcelo)
An International Space Station school contact has been planned for David St-Jacques KG5FYI with Ceip Nuestra Senora Del Carmen, Torre De La Reina, Spain. The event is scheduled for Tuesday March 5, 2019 at 09:50 UTC .The conversation will be conducted in English; the contact will be a direct operated by EG7NSC, so the downlink signals will be audible in parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz FM. RX only!
Here are student’s first names and questions prepared:
1. Celia: What did you think when you saw Earth from space?
2. Joaquin: What are you currently investigating on the ISS?
3. Pablo: When did you decide to become an astronaut?
4. Adrian: How do you live in such a small place?
5. Asuncion: How long do you need to recover after finishing your missions?
6. Francisco: If an astronaut floats away from the ISS, what do you have to do?
7. Elsa: Which values and skills should an astronaut have?
8. Sergio: Can you eat whatever you want?
9. Carmen: What´s the most common problem inside the ISS?
10. Aliu: Could you go to Mars with this ISS?
11. Paola: Can you have a shower or bath there?
12. Maria: Where do you throw your rubbish?
13. Andrea: How long can you stay at the ISS?
14. Angela: Is there a doctor in the ISS?
15. Irene: How many hours do you sleep every day?
16. Jaime: How do you keep fit?
17. Margarita: What´s your favourite food and drink there?
18. Pablo: Do you listen to music at work?
19. Lucia: Can you see our country from the ISS?
20. Jose: When will you come back to Earth?
Torre de la Reina is located south of the main population center of Guillena (Sevilla) about 2 kilometers from it and is about 19 meters above sea level.
It is also just 17 kilometers from Seville capital if you take the direction to the south on the A-431 road, also enjoying a strategic location rivileged to be located very close to the A-66 (Autovía de la Plata) that connects
Sevilla capital with Extremadura.
Our school is located in the town of Torre de la Reina, (Seville, Spain), with 215 students, including children and primary school. It has two buildings, one of the infantile stage (recent construction) and another one of primary (something older). The staff consists of 15 teachers. We are a small center, but with a young staff, willing to invest in experiences of all kinds that enrich our students.
There are many activities that we carry out within different projects, with the aim not only of fulfilling
the educational curriculum, but also of developing competences to train integral people.
Also one of our hallmarks of identity is to form values and an emotional education, because we consider that it is fundamental in the education of today’s society.
The heart and the vocation to educate is our engine every day. The resources we have are not many, but the human side compensates for any technical and material aspect.