An ARISS educational radio contact is planned with Kantonsschule Musegg, Luzern, Switzerland, direct via HB9HSLU. The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is David St-Jacques KG5FYI. Contact is go for: Mon 2019-02-04 15:20:21 UTC, 44 deg. Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Watch for livestream https://live.ariss.org/
– Webcast Start 14:15 UTC (15:15 local time)
– ARISS Introduction 14:20 UTC (15:20 local time)
– ISS Contact 15:20 UTC (16:20 local time)
– Webcast End 15:45 UTC (16:45 local time)
Please share any feedback about this contact!
Proposed questions generated by Kantonsschule Musegg students:
1. We take a lot of photos today. When you were in space for the first time, did you take a picture of the Earth, sunrise, sunset or anything else?
2. If your country has an upcoming election, are you able to vote on the ISS?
3. Suppose you woke up and realized that the Earth isn’t there anymore – what would you do?
4. What’s your favorite city to look at from space?
5. As you have already lived in space, would you colonize Mars?
6. Have you ever been afraid of never getting back to Earth?
7. What do you do when you have an argument with the other astronauts?
8. Do you believe that there are other living creatures in space beyond Earth?
9. What experiment are you conducting at the moment?
10. How has the experience of seeing our planet from outside and far away influenced your mindset and outlook on life?
11. What do you think of Elon Musk and his involvement in space travel, population of Mars and reusable rockets?
12. Is it possible to get sick on the ISS?
13. Do you have any free time, if yes what do you do?
14. How long did it take you to get used to zero-gravity?
15. What do you miss most from the Earth?
16. How does time pass? Slower or faster than on Earth, what does it feel like?
17. Can you take any personal object to space with you?
18. Why did you choose to become an astronaut?
19. What is your favorite food on the ISS?
20. What did you feel when you reached the orbit and saw our galaxy?