An ARISS educational radio contact is planned with Colégio Campo de Flores, Almada, Portugal, direct via CS5SS. The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be OR4ISS and the scheduled astronaut is David St-Jacques KG5FYI. Contact is go for: Sat 2019-02-02 15:23:19 UTC 50 deg. Downlink signals from ISS will be audible above parts of Europe on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. It is raccomanded, RX only! Credit: AMSAT
Any listening report and registration are welcome!
Let’s see the questions prepared by the Colégio Campo de Flores students:
1. In your opinion, what skills must an astronaut have?
2. What would you advise to someone who hopes to be in your place one day?
3. What effects does space cause on human body?
4. How long did you take to adjust to zero gravity?
5. Can you describe a typical day on ISS?
6. Which daily routine is harder for you?
7. What would be a different day aboard ISS?
8. What do you do not to think about the ones you miss the most?
9. Besides our planet, what else can you see when you look through the window?
10. Have you ever seen a black hole?
11. How do you distinguish day from night?
12. How do you fight illnesses?
13. What dangers do you face?
14. Which technologies allow you to survive?
15. Which energy sources do you use on ISS?
16. What scientific experiments do you perform on ISS?
17. What are the most interesting/exciting scientific discoveries so far?
18. The Earth is becoming overpopulated, do you think that living in space is an alternative?
19. Is space as polluted as Earth?
20. What did you feel when you first saw our planet from space?
21. Why did you choose to be an astronaut?
22. What are the most significant effects of zero gravity on the human body?
23. What was the worst disease you had to face onboard and how did you handle it?
24. What preparations does a mission aboard the ISS require?
25. What do you appreciate the most when you are aboard the ISS?
26. What is the mission/purpose of the ISS?
27. What do you do with the waste you produce?
28. What is the importance of amateur radio (HAM) communication for the ISS missions?
29. Do you also feel the Doppler effect aboard the ISS when you receive the radio signals?
30. What type of antennas and transmit output power do you use to perform ham radio communication?