An educational radio contact is planned with Kingston Community School, Kingston SE, South Australia, Australia, and will be via ARISS Telebridge Station K6DUE in Greenbelt, Maryland.
The ISS callsign is presently scheduled to be NA1SS and the scheduled astronaut is Drew Morgan KI5AAA. Contact is go for: Tue 2019-09-03 08:06:34 UTC 27 deg; downlink signals from ISS will be audible above Maryland and nearby areas on 145.800 MHz narrowband FM; contact will be in English. RX only! Credit: AMSAT.
Proposed questions generated by the Kingston Community School students:
1. What is the most challenging thing about living on the ISS?
2. How did you prepare and train for your mission and does that include preparing for no gravity?
3. What is the effect on your body of no gravity?
4. What experiments are you currently doing at the moment and why do you do them in space?
5. Are you able to grow any fresh foods in the Space Station and if so, can you eat them?
6. What sorts of meals do you eat and how do you prepare them?
7. What happens to all your rubbish and waste up in the space station?
8. Is solar power the only energy source used to power the space station?
9. Are the astronauts onboard in control of the ISS like a pilot, or does it fly itself? What keeps it in orbit?
10. How fast is the ISS moving and how far above Earth are you?
11. Has the Space Station ever been damaged or hit my asteroids or an object in space?
12. What happens if an astronaut gets sick while up in the space station?
13. How do you get air when you’re in space?
14. What is the hardest thing about doing a spacewalk?
15. What impact does the lack of gravity have on your body?
16. When we do science experiments to make sure things are fair, we sometimes have to measure liquids or weigh things. With no gravity how do you do this in space?
17. What is it like when you re: enter the earth’s atmosphere and gravity hits?
18. How many parachutes do the capsules have?
19. What sort of rehabilitation do you need to have after you arrive back on Earth?
20. Has NASA explored if artificial gravity could be created in space?